Translate This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Last acknowledgement of the evening

Before I either forget or run out of inspiration, there is one more band that needs to be acknowledged before I call it a night: Exodus 

I am very comfortable speaking about certain kinds of music, certain genres of metal but I am well aware that thrash metal has never been my strength. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until very recently that I started  paying attention to this genre. Before that, I refused to even recognize it as something worth of my time. Now that I have started to think about it, this all may have to do with May 3rd 2006, which was the first time I saw Exodus in concert. I remember I was moving out that day and The Governor invited me to go check out Exodus at the Lee's Palace.  The only thing I remember from that concert, aside from falling asleep and getting stepped on by a guy who was like 6"3 (mind you that yours truly is only 5"4) was getting a cool sticker, which eventually ended up on the lid of my laptop at the time.   This may be the reason behind my serious aversion for Thrash metal. Either way I am glad it's slowly fading away. 

Anyway, that whole blur came up because I wanted to illustrate how the fourth track of Exodus' The Atrocity Exiiibition - Exhibit A continues to drive me up-the-wall insane (in the best way possible) every time I hear it.  The song is called Children of a Worthless God.   I would never hesitate, not even for a slight second, about recommending this song to anyone, whether or not you happen to be a Metalhead. The power of Gary Holt's guitar riffs and the energy behind Rob Duke's voice have what it takes to create that one song that you will never get tired of listening to.

For that reason, I am still awake writing about it in the hopes that next time you are searching for a song that will make you feel alive, you will consider listening to one of my favorite songs of all times. I shall leave you with the song so that you can check it out for yourselves and discover the mighty energy of some great Thrash freakin' Metal!











-Stay Metal- 
MM Dre - dnklschwrz, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment