Translate This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Daily Pick: Cuentos de los Hermanos Grind

Beloved legions, 


Before getting into details about why I am recommending the following band, I must admit that I should get into the frequent habit of keeping up with the blog. On that note, I would like to thank all my recent visitors from Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Slovenia, Russia, Colombia, Canada and the US for staying loyal to my not-so-frequent posts. I would have never expected such a diverse audience. A billion thanks for your support \m/

Now, let's get into our first order of business. 
And today's recommendation is... Cuentos de los Hermanos Grind, from my very own Bogota, Colombia. 

In all honesty I have not paid the this band the attention they truly deserve; however, the few songs I have heard are absolutely mind-blowing brutal! Forget about Aeon or even Devourment for a second, this band has absolutely nothing to envy the great ones of the genre. On the contrary, the fact that they are still relatively unknown gives them a sense of authenticity that would be questionable on any mainstream band. I personally do not know the guys but it doesn't take rocket science to see that their intrinsic drive to generate only the most extreme metal is what makes them so appealing.

I still must confess that I am not entirely crazy about their lyrics but like a true Brutal Death Metal fan once said to me, at that level of musical complexity you cannot expect lyrics to matter. On that note, I guess I should be grateful this band is actually talking about something as opposed to simply screaming onto a microphone.  

Musically speaking, CDLHG has what it takes  to satisfy the craving for great Brutal Death Metal.  I recommend them to all those people looking for new and obscure bands.
 I give this band **** stars.

I shall leave you with  one of their videos, titled  "La Caperuputa y el Lobo Culion"




- Stay Metal -
MM Dre - dnklschwrz, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment