Translate This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Indigenous rhythms meet the epicness of Metal - Guahaihoque

Greetings legions,

After going M.I.A for about two months, I feel it is absolutely necessary to make a short entrance with a huge BAM! On that note, here is a rather different pick. Enjoy :)

It had been my intention, for a while already, to highlight the work of this band, given that their musical accomplishments are larger than life! They bring a unique and fresh contribution into the Metal scene and I would even dare to say that no other band has quite managed to fuse indigenous rhythms and Death Metal the way this band has. Their name is Guahahioque and they are from Cali, Colombia.

The first time I came across this band was sometime in 2007, after the release of their album The Return of the Ancient Gods, which completely blew me away just after listening to the first track of the album, Revelations.  My first reaction to this track was probably along the lines of: "Zampoña (pan flute, that is) and Metal, Major WTF!". Nevertheless, I was truly hooked onto their fusion. There are no words to describe what I felt; I found it so authentic, so unique, so perfect, that I could not stop listening to this track. I don't think it would be possible to recall how many time since then I have listened to this album; all I can say is that I am grateful to have come across it!
For a while now, I have been hoping that they are secretly working on something new and awesome, but ever since their last album they have been awfully quiet. Maybe they will be coming out with something sometime soon, or maybe be that's it for them... Either way, what they have done up to this day has been great, and I sincerely applaud their efforts not to sound like every other band out there.

  Now, the time has come for you to get hooked onto something new.






-Stay Metal-

MM Dre dnklschwz MMXI

No comments:

Post a Comment