Translate This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

THE EYE OF THE TIGER - Vital Remains

Dobyi vecher Almighty Legions,

I'm feeling Russian this evening for some odd reason (I may be craving a White Russian, or maybe 5 for that matter. I'm talking about the alcoholic beverage by the way, before you start speculating...).Before calling it a night, I am compelled to share with you some of the shots I took at the Vital Remains concert, in the city of Bogota, this past Sunday evening. Even though I have expressed several times that these are perhaps not the best shots I have ever taken (this Mama place, yes the same one from the HxC shows, is a really tough venue, particularly when you are not allowed to get close to the stage), people have responded quite well to them, which obviously makes yours truly really happy. As a matter of fact, they will be featured on the Factor Metal website this week -Hooray! Additionally, Mr. Tony Lazaro himself has chosen one of the my shots as his profile photo on CreepBook. EPIC WIN!



Overall remarks about the show:


I was left speechless by the band. Mind you, this was my first Vital Remains experience and, well, I must admit that it was quite exciting, and rather rewarding. Beside the band's quality, let me reiterate as I have expressed several times already, watching a Metal show in a country like Colombia is a bonus. The energy of the fans, the overcrowded venues, the gory mosh pits, the contentment of band members, among other factors, makes every single show an unforgettable experience! Oh, how I love this country... And apparently I am not the only one. 

As I was sharing tobacco with Mr.Gator Collier, he expressed the same passion for this nation, by unconsciously and voluntarily becoming an Ambassador of the Colombian Tourism campaign: Where the only risk is wanting to stay (By the way, I have seen this ad in airplanes, at the airport, on billboards, on buses, on TV, you name it... Call me crazy but I don't know if the genius behind this campaign is fostering a self-fulfilling prophecy in our heads on purpose (Either way, it has had its desired impact on me and on many other foreigners).


Yes, This campaign. If you have not seen it yet, Click Here

Aside from the it factor provided by the Latinness of the situation, the guys are truly committed to their music, as they have continued working for their fans and not for the sake of pleasing a record label, as it tends to happen quite often. The fruits of their efforts can be seen during the shows (well, at least I saw them this past Sunday). Something that I will always find gratifying, as one cannot simply deny one's roots, is their support and admiration for the Latin American scene, which happens to be a devotion of yours truly -sigh. Oh and, by the way, the guys are incredibly authentic, which becomes a relief when dealing with many artists. Even though I have been relatively idle when it comes to that aspect, I will never forget what dealing with a Metal Diva (I refuse to give names... oops!) feels like. In other words, it was a pleasure sharing air with the guys from Vital Remains. I truly look forward to my next VR experience |m|

For now, it's time for me to leave you with a song that is expected to break havoc anywhere, anytime. Please join me in headbanging motion, as we press play on the next track. 




AndBrice - View my 'Vital Remains' set on Flickriver

One more thing: the Metal Horns are sooo last century. What's cool now a days is THE EYE OF THE TIGER! If you don't believe me, ask them ^.^




-Stay Metal-
Fraulein Andrea MMXI

No comments:

Post a Comment