Translate This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pick of the Day: Binging on Max Cavalera

Saudações Mighty Legions,

I am really enjoying the language greetings BTW ^.^! On a completely different note, I honestly cannot believe it is already October 9th, can you? As my dear Barney Greenwood would say: Time Waits for No Save, which is exactly how I feel at this precise moment. Thus, it is crucial that we do not let go of this day as if it didn't matter. On that note, I have been craving a serious overdose of omnipotent Metal, which can only be satisfied by the best of the best, and who would be better at the task than Brazilian legend, Mr. Max Cavalera.
Aside from the whole debate of whether or not Sepultura lost its essence after Max left, and whether Derek Green (whom I truly admire after seeing him live in Toronto) will ever be 10% of what Cavalera represents, I have decided to stay loyal to band regardless. I have also followed what Max has been doing afterwards, including his new band Cavalera Conspiracy (which kicks some serious derrière), as well as his musical contributions to other projects. My favorite being the song that I will be recommending on this lovely evening.



Before I get into the song, I will tell you a bit about the album itself. American Metal (the word Metal becomes questionable, when you sign a band like Nickleback and decide to include it under this particular genre...) record label Roadrunner commemorated its 25th year anniversary by putting together an album, called Roadrunner United: The All-Star Sessions, with la crème de la crème among their artists, which include Joey Jordison of Slipknot; Dani Filth from Cradle; Andreas Kisser from Sepultura; Mr. Glen Benton from Deicide; Mikael Akerfeldt from Bloodbath and Opeth; Dino Cazares of Fear Factory, Asesino and Divine Heresy and formerly of Brujeria; Robert Flynn of Machine Head and formerly of Vio-lence and Forbidden, and OBVIOUSLY Mr. Max Cavalera, among many others. I hope that painted a pretty picture in your head and if that didn't, well, I honestly do not know what would (and you should suffer a horrible death). I mean, just imagine seeing all these masters playing incredible music on the same stage! That right there, my fellow Metalhead friend, is a situation where many of us would consider giving away one of our limbs just to be able to see it happen (at least I know I would give both of them without blinking. Fortunately, for the sake of mankind, and for my own well-being, I own the DVD so we can skip all the gory details about how I would be delivering my arms to the HQ or RR).

I personally think every single song in this compilation is a masterpiece in its own way, BUT because tonight is a special night that we all wish to remember, I feel that Brazilian flavor is the only thing that will satisfy my deepest headbanging desires (and hopefully yours), I have picked the 7th song of this album, called Independent (Voice of the Voiceless), whose lyrics were written by Master Cavalera himself. The masterminds behind it include Robert Flynn, Jordan Wheland (Still Remains), Jeff Waters (from Canuck Pride Annihilator ^.^), Christian Olde Wolbers (Ex-Fear Factory), Andols Herrick (Chimara), and of course, Mr. Max Cavalera as front man. From the bottom of my heart, I had been meaning to post this song for a while now, but quite frankly, with all the things going on around yours truly, I hadn't found the time to do so. La-voilà! Please join me, as we all headbang to such an incredible tune. Enjoy |m| 





-Stay Metal-
Fraulein Andrea MMXI

No comments:

Post a Comment