Translate This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

It's finally Friday and I feel like Death, do you? - Scream Bloody Gore

Good Morning Legions,



After surviving a hectic week, overloaded by work and running on a drained body due to the Oreo Cookie show this last Tuesday, here in Bogota (some like to call them Panda bear, either way they kicked ass and, FYI, I will be blogging about how I survived an Immortal show in Colombia, this weekend), I cannot help it but to be excited about a day like today. Hooray, It's finally Friday! That being said, it's time to get your Metal On |m|


Even though I should be getting ready for work as we speak, the Friday factor has encouraged me enough to spare at least 30 minutes of my morning to recommend some marvelous things for the day to come.

This past weekend, I had the chance to attend a festival called Independent Night, at a place called Bbar, located in the area of Chapinero. Main reason for going: Simple, to see my beloved Aire Como Plomo (that's a whole different story that I will not get into at this moment; otherwise the 30 minutes mentioned above will become more like 50 hours).

Either way, I was fortunate enough to come across a kick ass tribute to American Metal legend, DEATH, who opened the night at Bbar. These guys are called Scream Bloody Gore and watching them on stage was just like seeing Chuck Schuldiner's spiritual energy. Jesus "Spiritual Healing" Christ! In other words, Holy Shit times 5.

Mind you, yours truly never had the chance to see Death in concert, but from seeing all their freakin' videos, I say that this tribute band is probably the closest thing I will ever get to seeing Death live. In other words, I am quite pleased :)


I was trying to fetch a video on Youtube and this is what I came across:


Pretty, eh? Mind you, the sound quality is not the best but it is certainly not bad.


Since I was armed with valor and my beautiful lady camera, as I often am, this past Saturday night, I did manage to capture some of their mightiness through my lens (Hooray for me!). There aren't many shots, though, and the reason behind it is that I was too busy taking my bloody time headbanging to their music. That's probably something you would have done had you been there, right?



AndBrice - View my 'Scream Bloody Gore (tribute to Death)' set on Flickriver

I shall keep my eyes and my ears open to get a chance to catch them again (hopefully at a bigger-better-lit venue, to bring you some fantastic audiovisual material). For now, you will have to settle for the videos available on Youtube and some of their music, which I found on their website.
Have a Frickin' Gory Friday!

-Stay Metal-
Fraulein Andrea MMXI

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, thanks for the article, nice to meet you, IM the SCREAM BLOODY GORE drummer, and i am so happy for this words, we relly try to make a little tributo to the god of goddes, CHUCK, and we try to do better than i can, and i dont know what can i say more.... jejejeje so, if you want add my facebook and we will talk on there, this is my nick CHARLES DRUMMER SBG , thanks again and i hope that we can play for you once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really don't have to thank me, I only write about the things I see. You guys kick some serious ass and I am very glad to have seen you live.

    Espero se repita
    |m|

    ReplyDelete